Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm Baking Bread!

Yes, I am trying to bake bread. Okay, I don't have a yeast infection or I am not laundering money. I am talking about the old fashioned mixing yeast and flour to create bread. It is Illinois in January so there is not a hot spot in the house conducive to bread rising. With my awesome problem solving skills, I decided that the dough should rise in the oven for 1 hour. With the oven preheated and then turned off, I am anticipating that the bread will rise. I will conclude this experiment later. Hopefully, I will be munching on homemade bread while doing so!


Disclaimer: This bread recipe is out of the current Taste of Home magazine. It is a bread recipe simple enough for kids to make. Hmmm...we will see if it is truly that simple. I have a Masters Degree and I anticipate difficulty in executing this recipe to the finish. If it turns out, I'll share the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment